Wednesday, October 8, 2008

what has martha stewart done to us?!?!?

The business of looks and presentation is out of control. Six years ago, I was a mad woman planning our wedding, wanting everything to look like it was straight out of the MS Weddings magazine. Little did I realize that so much of what you see in those mags is staged or cropped to look absolutely perfect. And they use awesome photographers.

If you do want your event to resemble anything from the Martha Stewart library, you should hire Amy Atlas. Amy is an event planner out of NYC. She specializes in high-end dessert tables. The pictures on her site make me salivate. Everything is perfect. And her eye for color is wonderful.


*The other factor I left out was that Martha can't do anything about the weather. It rained over ten inches the weekend of our nuptials. After worrying so much about what everything looked like, I was forced to focus on the actual point of the whole shindig ... I was going to get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend.

via: DesignMom

No comments: