Tuesday, April 1, 2008

you can't always get what you want

I sang the Rolling Stones tune to D in the kitchen tonight after he threw his 100th tantrum of the day. It worked. He liked it so much that he asked me to sing it again. Why hasn't some kid's singer done a toddler version of that song?

It was a rough day. D is figuring out that he actually has a say in life and right now his say is "no". I realize that it is just a faze. And most of the time I have to stop myself from bursting out laughing (any attention to his pouting can cause even more bad behavior ... just like Britney Spears). But I had two things that I wanted to share. The IKEA toy below is still too tough for D to hammer, but it is quite effective at allowing me to get out a little frustration. And the book "How Are You Peeling" (picture above) by Freymann and Elffers is not only really fun to look at (fruit and veggies photographed with wonderful emotions and vibrant colors) but might just save me if D learns how to vocalize his frustration.

No comments: