Monday, December 14, 2009

new discoveries


With my Christmas presents made and my work "kinda-sorta" finished I have had some time to look for new inspiration. I have eaten up everything on Rifle blog (the work and words of Anna Bond out of Winter Park, FL). I was most excited to find the botanical posters. After seeing hugely overpriced geological posters at Scout Chicago I have longed for some artwork that looked like this. You can order them for a fraction of Scout's prices from Evolution NYC.



While doing a little bit of work for Bearings Guide (a great guide for Southern men regarding stuff to do and see and buy in Atlanta and surrounding areas) I found this old map of Atlanta. It fits their aesthetic, even if I don't know quite where to use it yet.


Another Rifle link, Leanne Shapton is an amazing illustrator. She has a great take on the "doodle" style.


I love the simplicity of these invites by Bird and Banner. And the yarn and button are such a sweet touch.

And finally, there is a new online design, art and photography magazine called Blanket. Every layout is gorgeous.


No comments: