Monday, October 29, 2007

new inspiration

I have been feeling a bit uninspired lately. Funny how a little bit of down time in life leaves me with nothing to say. Or maybe just an inability to put how I'm feeling into words. I think some people can write more when they're down. I tend to thrive on happiness.

So I have had to rethink where I find inspiration. D loves for us to read to him. He actually brings us books and sits in our lap to listen. So I thought I would share some of our favorite kid books.

D's first favorite (from around four months, believe it or not) was Dig Ivan Dig. Wendy Ann Gardner has a series of Naughty Naughty Pet books. This one entails a pug who reeks havoc on his NYC loft. I think D liked it because the dog looks strangely like a baby. I love the graphic nature of the pictures. It's not too cutesy. We ordered Yes, A Cat Named Marty Cohen and Naughty Naughty Keifer. He liked them ... just not as much. We never could find Heedley Pecked Me in the Eye.
More to come ...

No comments: